Steelway can design, manufacture and install balustrades to suit architectural
designs, individual needs or industrial requirements. Balustrades are functional
but they can also be dramatic. We have produced complex and simple
systems to meet architects requirements in a range of materials and finishes.
Handrails can also be supplied in a number of material options including
timber and can be manufactured for both internal and external applications
e.g. - fire escapes, feature staircases, stairwells, office stairs, balconies,
footbridges and walkways.
handrails and guardrails are designed to provide safety and
give reassurance for the users of staircases, walkways and other similar
structures. Double line tubular handrail systems designed to relevant
British standards and loadings. They may be tubular or solid
or a combination of both. We supply handrails not only to complement
our staircases, platforms etc but also as completely independent items.Balustrades Benefits
Handrails / Guardrails Benefits
- From traditional vertical bar type balustrades
to more contemporary bespoke laser cut designs are available in either
mild or stainless steel.
- Infill panels can be supplied in plain or perforated plate, toughened glass, and stainless steel tensioned wire.
- All finishes catered for, from primer coated to polyester powder coated or polished stainless steel.
- With all our Balustrades safety and security are combined with good design to provide buildings with an enduring feature.
- All designs meet the relevant British Standards and Building Regulations
- One of the first commercially available guard rails to be erected in the United Kingdom were supplied and installed by Steelway
- Steelway handrail designs follow the recommendation of BS 6399; part 1, BS 5395 and BS 6180
- Gates and safety chains
- Materials - mild steel, stainless steel, aluminium and GRP
- Stainless steel